ShearBan’s patented ultra-low friction film with durable self-adhesive backing provides long-lasting protection from the friction and shear that cause skin abrasion, calluses, corns, blisters, bunions, and foot ulceration. ShearBan is ideal for patching troublesome areas of orthopedic braces, prosthetic sockets, footwear, insoles, athletic equipment, and more.
- ShearBan applies directly to footwear, insoles, orthopaedic braces, or athletic equipment – not against the skin – wherever skin breakdown occurs
- Patented technology provides immediate relief and long-lasting protection from the friction/shear that cause blisters, calluses, and diabetic foot ulcers
- Easy peel and stick application — no secondary adhesive required
- Ultra-thin profile (0.38mm) conforms to footwear surfaces and does not alter shoe fit.
- Patches can be trimmed to size with ease to ensure proper fit and optimal comfort
- Latex-free construction protects sensitive skin
- Lasts many months before replacement may be necessary
- Trim sheet to desired patch size.
- Remove half of the patch from the backing, using the backing to create a tab.
- Apply adhesive side of ShearBan patch to desired location of clean, dry location.
- Tip: ShearBan may last longer when anchored to a surface. For example, wrapping patches around the edge/sides of the insole.
- Peel remaining backing away from patch.
- Tip: If blisters form at interface of footwear & insole, use two patches. One patch is placed on the footwear and the other patch is placed on the insole; creating a smooth interface.
- Press firmly around entire patch surface to secure.
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) top surface
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive backing