- Bioskin Bracing
- Hot & Cold
- DaniPro Nail Varnish
BTL Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive solution for musculoskeletal pain. The extracorporeal shockwave therapy is frequently used in physiotherapy, orthopaedics and sports medicine. Applications are mostly associated with treatment of chronic muscular and tendon disorders, back and cervical pain. Most common indications include: painful shoulder, epicondylitis, low back pain, Achilles tendon pain, patellar tendonitis, heel pain & trigger points.
The strongest portable shockwave on the market allowing use of up to 5 bars of pressure and up to 20 Hz frequency. It is easily transported thanks to a built-in silent compressor, or it can be kept on the stylish and practical trolley.
• High pressure up to 5 bars
• High frequency up to 20 Hz
• Touch operation – intuitive operation with a colour touch screen
• Easy to use by any therapist – therapeutic encyclopaedia with colour anatomical images, user-defined protocols for experienced users
• Ergonomic applicator for comfortable use – ergonomics designed by the users
• Modular system – up to 4 different physical therapy modules in one unit (5000 series)
• The strongest portable shockwave on the market (6000 series)
How it works
The extracorporeal acoustic wave therapy (in contrast with lithotripsy) is not used to disintegrate tissue but rather to cause microscopic interstitial and extracellular biological effects which include e.g. tissue regeneration. Application of shock waves leads to significantly increased expression of growth indicators such as eNOS, VEGF, PCNA and BMP. Newly formed blood vessels improve blood supply and oxygenation which leads to faster healing. Acoustic waves also cause mast cell activation which supports chronic inflammation reversal. Other effects include stimulation of collagen production, calcified fibroblasts dissolution and dispersion of pain mediator „substance P“.